Have the Talk of a Lifetime
HAVING YOUR AFFAIRS IN ORDER
Life can change in a blink of an eye and when you have not prepared for it, it adds an astronomical amount of mental anguish to the grieving process as well as added stress when making funeral arrangements.
We never know when or how we will transition. It is important for our funeral home to have the communities as well as the client-families we serve to be educated and aware of having your affairs in order.
Death affects us all and it is never the same. Each of us and our lives our different, our family structures are different. Talking and having the necessary conversations are a must. Let’s review some of the popular concerns and questions we encounter on a weekly basis.
- Make sure that you have valid life insurance and adequate coverage to pay for the funeral, burial, cremation and other necessities that may occur after death. Most people, especially our youth feel they are invincible, and death only happens when you’re older, this is not true.
- Infants, Toddlers, Youth, Teens, 18 years and older should have adequate life insurance and or prepare in advance with a Pre-Need.
- Ask yourself this question? What will happen to my personal belongings such as my clothes, shoes, car, photos, books, bank accounts, keepsakes, house, condo, rental property, etc. should I die today?
- Widow/Widower- What will happen to me should my spouse die? Who will take care of me, where will I live, what do I do with my home, car, etc.?
- Cremation- In today’s world we are seeing in the death care industry a rise in cremation. The question is who will receive your urn, should the individual who receives them dies, who will take them then?
- Pets- Who will take the dog, cat, fish or reptile? Will they be given to the local Humane Society?
- Probate- This can be timely and messy. This is wise to avoid as much as possible.
- Last Will and Testament, Medical Dual Power of Attorney, Power of Attorney and Advance Directives should be in place before death.
Please feel free to contact us at (720) 872-9000 for any questions and to make an appointment to sit down and go over your needs with us.